Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blogging

So my experience with blogging is very limited.  I am aware of what a blog is and how it can be used in an educational setting as well as for personal reasons.  I haven't really ever felt the need to use one as I teach in elementary school and I was teaching second graders.  While most second graders probably could use a blog, I just didn't see where I could use it.  Also that required a lot of planning and permission slips and I will admit I can be pretty lazy at times. 

Meanwhile that is totally not where I wanted to go with my first post.  I wanted to talk about my experience with creating this blog.  Now I love gadgets and playing around with the newest technology until I have a better understanding of it, but WOW there were many things going on with the making of this blog.  It all started off pretty basic with choosing a title for the blog, creating a web address and so on.  This was all easily completed.  When I actually got to the personalizing of the blog was when I was on visual overload. 

Blogger has about a million different gadgets you can have on your blog and I was not sure what half of them did.  Most of the ones I chose to have on this blog were chosen because I liked the graphic next to their description.  That's how technical I am.  "Oooh look at that pretty picture."  My goal before my next post will be to actually use these gadgets in order to make my blog more efficient.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment